Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Headstart on Christmas Cards

I am trying to get a head start on my Christmas cards for this year - I usually have quite a few done by now but this year I have been distracted and have barely any.  I actually like to have my plans in place before the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalogue is introduced.  Not this year though. Demonstrators got to view some sneak peak videos showcasing some of the new product lines for the holidays and then the online catalogue was made available (again Demonstrator only).  Oh my there are some very cute things.

I am going to try to resist ordering too much and work with what I have.  I often order from the Holiday Catalogues in preparation for the following year.  That way I have lots of opportunity to view projects others post on their blogs or on Pinterest.

This is a card I made using some vellum from last year's Holiday Catalogue and a Hostess set from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalogue (Time of Year - page 201).  I CASEd the card on page 200 of the Annual Catalogue.


I don't have the Fabulous Foil Designer Sheets used in the catalogue sample, but I remembered that I had the Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue so I used one of the sheets from that stack.

Stampin' Supplies
Stamp - Time of Year (Hostess set 2016-2017 Annual Catalogue)
Ink - Versamark, Real Red, Old Olive
Card Stock - Old Olive, Whisper White, Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum (retired)
Other - Bunch of Banners Framelits, Doily, Gold Embossing Powder, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Retired Corner Punch

No comments: