Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Spooky Fun

When I saw the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue I decided that one of my preorder items had to be the bundle that included the Spooky Fun stamp set and coordinating Halloween Scenes Edgelits.  I probably didn't need a new Halloween set - I have a few in my stash - but just couldn't resist.

Earlier this week I started looking on Pinterest for cards using this bundle and found one I really liked but I didn't have all of the supplies.  You can see it HERE.  I hadn't bought the Halloween themed Designer Series Paper or the other stamp sets used in the sample (Ghoulish Grunge and Suite Seasons).  The sample used a brick wall background that reminded me of one I had purchased as a download for My Digital Studio.  I opened the program, found the paper I wanted and then recoloured it to shades of grey.  After printing it onto photo paper I started creating my card.

The original used the "mesh" stamp from the Ghoulish Grunge set for the background on the centre panel.  I used one of the stamps from Timeless Textures and thought it worked out pretty well.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Spooky Fun, Timeless Textures
Ink - Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie
Other - Halloween Scenes Edgelits, Mini Glue Dots, Fine Tip Glue Pen

No comments: