Monday, November 28, 2016

Joyful Nativity

When the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue (2016-2017) was released there were a few Christmas themed sets included.  One of them was Joyful Nativity and it was a set I thought about getting but kept putting that purchase aside.  A few months back I was fortunate to be selected to receive a stamp set for free (the names of the Inky Diva Challenges participants are put together each month and one name is drawn to receive a stamp set valued at $22.95).  I used the opportunity to select the Joyful Nativity set.  I don't make very many more traditional Christmas cards but I do like the idea of having a set in my collection for those times.

I saw a card posted by Amanda Bates on her blog - The Craft Spa - and knew it was going to be perfect for the recipient I had in mind.  You can see Amanda's card HERE.

I chose not to put a greeting on the front of the card and although it doesn't show very well, after stamping the "Bethlehem scene" with Smoky Slate ink I coloured over it with my clear Wink of Stella pen.  A very subtle but pretty bit of glimmer.


Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Joyful Nativity
Ink - Night of Navy, Smoky Slate
Card Stock - Whisper White, Night of Navy
Other - Rhinestone, Wink of Stella

No comments: